Wednesday 11 January 2017

Equality VS Equity

Lets start with defenitions...

Equality

NOUN

the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities:
"an organization aiming to promote racial equality"

VS

Equity

NOUN

the quality of being fair and impartial:
"equity of treatment"
synonyms: fairness · fair-mindedness · justness · justice ·


DONT CLICK OFF YET
I want to explain stuff, commonly misunderstood stuff (to be exact(ish))

I am an anti-sexist, anti-racist, Equity believing human being - as we should all be. However, I do not want to make you believe, nor force you to think what I do, just simply to explain my beliefs and thoughts.
I think everyone is equal.
Short, tall, wide, thin, black, white, olive, mixed, Islam, Christian, Buddhist, Man, woman, LGBT+... what I am saying is; I believe EVERYBODY is equal (with acceptance to age and things like that - because a two year old cant exactly be considerd for a teaching job) in body and mind. If you are a human, you are a human. you are not a "black girl" or an "Asian man", you are human. Yes, labels identify where you are from and what you look like - but not your personality! Say you are Asian, which you could well be, but not the smartest and this happens:
 "you're smart, aren't you (y/n)?"
"I guess... why?"
"whats the answer to [a thing]?"
"Oh, I'm not good at [the thing]."
"but you're Asia-"
STOP.
Asian peope are usually perceived as smart because of Japan {helpful link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o }, but this is WRONG. They just tend to be a tad more smart than the rest of the world. But... It might just be that their parents are Asian - meaning they are not actually from asia (but still Asian) which could mean they are not as smart as thought?? Idk.
Also... The slave trade RUINED BLACK PEOPLES LIVES FOREVER. that wasn't good.
White people are for some reason evil though, which - being a white brittish woman myself - I find very true, mainly in history now cos brittish people are just too nice sometimes (because we're plotting your demise) but other times everyone ignores everyone else.

Now... GENDER RULES. When the fwaq did these happen? oh yeah, Adam and Eve...
Why men are - and always have been - seen as better people to women is simple: 'Man' was "created" before 'woman'. But my thoughts are:
some plants are A-sexual (don't need a partner) so why do humans? Everone who has done chromosones in science knows men are XY and women are XX, so men are missing one part of the second X - making them mutated. Carrying on from this, all men begin development in  the womb as women, then turn into men, this furthers the evidence that men are mutations. So, I say, man was a mistake, so "god" tried again and made woman - which was a success! So, correct me if you think I'm wrong, but that is my theory.

Also! also!
Men are still equal to women, even if albert Einstein begs to differ or if I believe they are (technically) mutations.

So, what I don't get is why women were treated so badly, and - in most places - still are?

If you don't believe me, seriously look at the man vs women's pay difference. its quite shocking!


Now for the debate:
One tall man (T), one medium man (M), one short man (S) and a football game...

Equality:
T - This is great!
M - It's okay... *on tippy toes*
S - I cant see! *jumps up and down*
M - Ill get a box for us, (S).
T - Unfair! I want one too!
*all get a box to stand on*
T/M - This is great!
S - "I still cant see properly..."
BUT IT IS EQUAL.

Equity:
T - This is great!
M - I cant quite see... Ill get a box so I am at the same level as you. *gets box*
S - That means I will need two! Then we can all see the game and we will all be on the same level. *gets two boxes*
T/M/S -  THIS IS GREAT!
BUT IT IS NOT EQUAL. Or is it?

DEBATE IN THE COMMENTS


If you got this far, please find my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/___fairy_doors___/) and comment on my most recent picture "MEEP".

Yours (and the rest of the internet's),
~ Emzy








No comments:

Post a Comment